Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Top Five Favorite Movies Starring Tommy Lee Jones

Tommy Lee Jones CannesImage via Wikipedia
One actor who has been in so many great films, it is hard to keep track, is Tommy Lee Jones. Jones started acting in the early 1970s, and has not slowed down since. He has been in all sorts of films, from action and adventure, to Westerns, and even comedy. He is a truly amazing actor and the accolades he has collected over the years help show that.
But which Tommy Lee Jones movies are the best? Here are some of my favorites.
The first movie that I will mention on this list is The Fugitive. If you have not yet seen The Fugitive, you are depriving yourself of one of the best movies of the 1990s. Tommy Lee Jones won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for this film. This movie also stars Harrison Ford as a wrongfully accused doctor who is being charged with the murder of his wife. He must track down the killer while avoiding getting arrested in the process.
Another great film starring Tommy Lee Jones was No Country For Old Men. This movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture, and with good reason. Jones plays the part of an aging cop in a small desert town to perfection. Joel and Ethan Coen directed this movie and it is one of my favorite films that these brothers have put out.
I would be remiss to make a list of Tommy Lee Jones' best movies without including Under Siege. I have not heard anyone talk about this movie in years, but when it came out, this was easily one of my favorite action movies. This is probably Steven Segal's best movie and he plays the part of a cook to perfection.
While they are not my personal favorite films, I do think you have to give credit to the Men In Black movies. These movies have grossed so much money that it cannot be ignored. A third installment is on the way as well.
One other great movie from Tommy Lee Jones that I will include on this list is Natural Born Killers. This is probably my favorite film directed by Oliver Stone and in addition to Jones, stars Woody Harrelson and Julliette Lewis.
Hopefully there are one or more films from Tommy Lee Jones' catalog that you have not yet seen. If you need a good place to get started, I highly recommend the above mentioned films.
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. Tommy Lee Jones career is impressive, it is easy to name his best movies, but I am sure for everybody will be difficult to name one average movie he is starring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of hist movies are great, I like The Fugitive and Under Siege, probably the best roles for him. As well he did very good play in MIB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like Tommy Lee Jones! IMO he's one of the few remaining true character actors. I didn't like Natural Born Killer, I think that movie is overrated. Instead I would include "The park is mine" which is a rarely known movie with Tommy Lee in one of this first roles. Here he plays a camouflaged park defending, kinda maniac normal guy. Sort of like Falling Down except he's got the people on this side for whats hes doing. The soundtrack is awesome too by Tangerine Dream. Check this movie out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some list of top five movie starring Tommy Lee Jones. Glad to have drop by reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Tommy Lee Jones.Happy to see this blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey first you have share very nice and useful content. well written post. Good to have this. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked his no country for old men movie very much.Recently he has also worked in the company men movie of 2010. I am a great fan of his movies.Tommy Lee Jones has also worked in underwater construction and on an oil rig.

    ReplyDelete