Saturday, September 18, 2010

A List Of My Favorite Steven Spielberg Movies To Date

Director Steven Spielberg speaking at the Pent...Image via Wikipedia
According to practically every list of best directors ever written, Steven Spielberg is considered one of the greatest. Sure, this is my opinion, but it is also the opinion of many others. Maybe this is why he has been nominated for so many Academy Awards or why his movies tend to do very well at the box office.
It is tough to comprise a list of Spielberg's top five movies of all time, but I will give it a try.
The first film I would like to discuss is probably the most kid friendly on this list. E.T: The Extraterrestrial came out in 1982 and has been considered a classic ever since. People of all ages tend to love this movie. The ride at Universal Studios is incredibly fun as well.
Another fantastic movie directed by Spielberg was Saving Private Ryan. Few people do World War II films as good as Spielberg does and this film is the perfect depiction. No wonder he managed to snag an Oscar for Best Director.
It's definitely tough to make a list of Spielberg movies and not give praise to The Color Purple. This film picked up a ton of nominations at the 1986 Academy Awards, including a Best Director nod for Spielberg and a nomination for Best Supporting Actress for Oprah Winfrey.
One movie that must be included on any list of Steven Spielberg films is Schindler's List. If you have yet to see this movie, do yourself a favor and dedicate four hours (it is very long) on a rainy Saturday to watch it.
When it comes to Spielberg's top rated movies of all time, Raiders Of The Lost Ark chimes in at number 22 on the iMDB.com greatest films of all time. This is my personal favorite Indiana Jones movie and was the predecessor for many action/adventure movies that we see today.
As it stands, this is my Spielberg list. Supposedly he has an Abraham Lincoln biopic in the works, which I have no doubt will be incredible.
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. My favorite from Steven Spielberg is Taken, great series, excellent plot and characters. If you have not watch it, I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. E.T was something revolutionary for the time, even nowadays kids and adults love the movie. I remember that I watched Schindler's List in the cinema, I think the same year the movie grab all possible awards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with the above poster. Schindler's List is a really powerful and moving film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poltergeist was the scariest movie I have ever seen even though Spielberg wrote it and didn't direct it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is my favorite. He has a very great character.
    Please watch it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I would list "Encounters of the third kind" (much more ground breaking than ET in my opinion), Jurassic Park and of course - Jaws! After all, Jaws was his breakthrough film. I definitely agree on Indiana Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remembered him because of his greatest movie in Hollywood Jurassic Park, this is a legend in Hollywood and I love this series.

    ReplyDelete