Monday, April 11, 2011

Twin Peaks - A Musical Analysis

Do you remember David Lynch's weird TV series called Twin Peaks? It debuted in 1990 on ABC and I remember it got a lot of buzz in Norway where I saw it. Every Friday evening at 11pm I had my pizza ready and Twin Peaks on the tube. It was different from the other TV shows, and it was helped on by Angelo Badalamenti's weird jazzy score. Anyone remember the red room with the weird dwarf who said things backwards? Remember the weird dance he did? That's one of my favorite moments, and the music is absolutely spot on.
The show was canceled after only a couple of years, rumors had it that David Lynch had a spat with the directors of ABC about the show, and it was canceled abruptly in the second season with a very strange ending. Who here doesn't love the log lady? This show has some of the weirdest characters ever developed, but it suits David Lynch perfectly.
The soundtrack was one of the first soundtracks I bought and it was a great one. I remember one tune on this called "Night Life in Twin Peaks" that scared me, so whenever that came on I quickly fast forwarded to the next song, that's right, forwarded. I didn't have a CD player yet. It may be a strange soundtrack and I think I love it because of a mixture of sentimentality and the music. For whatever reason, Twin Peaks, the music and the show has a place in my heart forever. Bob still freaks me out though.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3490557

4 comments:

  1. I believe that everybody remember the series which were great mystery. I love Angelo Badalamenti's music and I was very sad when they cancel the series on TV. I guess it could have 2 more seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really great movie, I watch the series several times and I still feel exited. I wish they could continue the movie. All the actors have become stars after Twin Peaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelo Badalamenti music is really impressive and memorable. I already have the CD of Twin Peaks, great songs and music. I quite like "Just You", very good and simple song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous music and one of the best TV series ever! Music and plot fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete